Lingen Lodge, in partnership with ‘Virtual High School’ offers a unique program whereby the student can study for Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits at the same time as being immersed in English language. In addition students boarding at Lingen Lodge may elect to receive a personalised ESL immersion program aimed at improving their oral communication skills in English.
What are the special features of this program ?
- Personalised tutoring of students by professionally qualified teaching staff
- Small groups, maximum of six, allowing our instructors to focus on individual needs
- Preparation for admittance into private schools, college or universities in Ontario.
- OSSD credits offered through ‘Virtual High School (Ontario)’ based here in Bayfield.
- Lessons in etiquette, sightseeing, excursions to Niagara Falls and Toronto.
- Excellent qualified instructors holding Masters degrees in Education registered and with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Total immersion in English language in a unique Canadian culture.
- Preparation to enter either Canadian Private schools or universities.
- Personalised tuition and care in a comfortable, relaxing environment.
- Pick-up and drop-off to London, Ontario or Toronto airports.
- The emphasis of our program is to focus on learning to communicate and understand English through real life experience
Students enrolled in the OSSD ‘Virtual High School (Ontario)’ program would be boarding for one semester at a time.
Students wishing to improve their oral, communication skills can also enroll for two week intensive ESL courses throughout the summer and fall.
Maximum of six students boarding at any one time.
Hours of Instruction
Minimum of 30 hours a week for ESL instruction.
ESL Language Focus
1.Overseas students wishing to focus on learning to communicate in English at the same time as studying for their OSSD(Ontario secondary school diploma) will receive full tuition and help with the online courses offered in partnership with Virtual High School, 0N, plus EFL lessons running concurrently with the secondary school courses.
2.Students wishing to study for the OSSD certificates in preparation for entry to private schools or universities will receive full tuition and support while living in a safe and welcoming, homestay, environment.
3.Overseas students wishing to be fully immersed in English will receive a minimum of 30 hours per week of EFL with the emphasis on conversational English, comprehension, listening and speaking skills. Two-week modules are available for full English immersion in a homestay environment.
Optional Summer Program Activities :-
- Beach walking
- art classes
- cookery lessons
All students will be required to sign a contract stating that only English will be spoken for the entire duration of their stay.